Thursday, October 06, 2011

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Alright, today we'll be talking about anime.

The cast of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6430

More specifically, a dance from the anime the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I see a certain beauty in choreographed dance, even if it's goofy.




I actually tried to teach this to my dance class a few years ago, since it requires a certain amount of coordination, but for some strange reason they didn't want to learn it.

I've heard a lot of people call me a fanatic for wanting to learn this dance (and some other dances that come from anime). But this is all about perspective, I want to learn to dance it, possibly in a group. I don't really want to do what the people in this next video did though. Keep in mind I think that they're awesome, I just don't have that level of devotion.




Some of you may notice that the music is different in that video (if you watched it). That's because they're using the full version of the song used in the actual anime. That means that they've had to choreograph parts of that on their own, just going off what the dance in the anime looked like.

I think that's all about the dance for tonight really. I'm considering trying to learn the dance, and mayyyybe recording it to post on here, but that's only a maybe, if people really want to see it, then comment about it.

And for any of you who want to learn the dance at a reasonable pace, here's the video:




Nighty night!

2 comments:

  1. Kind of, from what my Japanese teacher in high school told me kids go out and practice group dancing for things like this. There are so many different videos, and there's also Para Para dancing (which I'll probably talk about in the future).

    ReplyDelete