Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I would Rather Be online than on TV


Hello Hello,

Today is a blog for an assignment in class, so it's not about a movie (not that this week’s blog post wasn't going to be about a movie anyway, but c'est la vie).

From a list of 21 topics to choose from, I have chosen "I would rather be online than on TV".

Here's the thing, as people who know me in real life will realize, I am terrified of speaking in front of people or on camera.

When I say terrified, I mean nausea, dizziness, blurred vision, the whole shebang.

Not being able to be seen or heard helps a lot with the nervousness I find. I'm still fairly nervous because there are some people reading what I'm writing, but not to the point where I might faint.

A few times I've been asked why I'm in Creative Communications if I'm so afraid of speaking in front of people. There's a lot to that answer, I'm hoping that being in Cre Comm will help with the nerves, for one thing. I also want to improve my writing skills, and become comfortable with people reading what I write. Finally, for a long time, I've wanted to be a radio host, or DJ, and Radio Broadcast is one of our classes.

I don't understand my fear though, and it's getting to the point that it interferes with my ability to deal with life on a day to day basis. Though, to be fair, that's not all fear, some of it is the fact I'm an introvert, and like to keep to myself in public.

I've been told by a few of my friends that I "can't be an introvert" because I do talk to people, but I can explain that too, I get nervous around people I don't know and start talking more. That's right; I'm one of those awkward people.

To make one loooong explanation simple, I'd prefer to be online blogging than on TV as a reporter or something because I'm afraid to speak in front of others, even friends and classmates.

Hope you all have a good day, and I'll probably be back Saturday after I see the new Puss in Boots movie.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, your going to see Puss in Boots? DON'T DO IT! YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO LIVE FOR!

    ReplyDelete