Friday, October 14, 2011

50/50

                                                          Warning: May Contain Spoilers


I'm well aware that the movie 50/50 staring Seth Rogen and Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been out for a few weeks, but I've been sitting on this post. I actually saw it with my cousin the weekend it came out .



I was a little nervous going to see it however, because I was worried it would cross the fine line of things that are acceptable in a movie about cancer.

It didn't though. It was undoubtedly funny, and occasionally crass. It's probably not a movie to watch with  you parents if you'd feel awkward watching a sex scene with them, or hearing crude sexual language with them.

The main point I found though is that, yes, there are jokes involving cancer, things like having Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character using it to pick up women, but the movie didn't make fun of cancer.

It was also sad at parts though, since this is based on a real story, we know that Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character lives, but it's still very emotional. I won't lie, I cried when I watched it.

I personally think this is a great movie, and would recommend it to most people (not people who are easily offended by foul language), it's not a family film though.

Night,

Emily

2 comments:

  1. Emily would you say this film is a must see? I'm on the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is going to be one of the better movies of the year, and if you're someone like me, then I do think it's a must see, but it's really up to your tastes. It is really, really good, I know I'm probably going to see it again.

    ReplyDelete