Thursday, November 03, 2011

The cats meow

This past weekend, Puss in Boots came out.

Thank you Puss in Boots blog

And, oh my gosh, was it adorable.

Kinda like this... Well, exactly like this.
There was a surprising amount of innuendo though. I know they through innuendo in so that adults can enjoy it as much as the children the movies are intended for do, but with Puss in Boots, it almost seemed like it was more for adults.

We find out about Puss' past in this movie, and meet "Kitty Softpaws" (played by Salma Hayek)

"That's a lot of heel for a guy."
It's not too bad a movie, it appeals to both children and adults... but be prepared for awkward questions from the kidlings if they're old enough to understand that something inappropriate has been said, but not know what it was. 

In Other News

If anyone reading this is a fan of the Inheritance Cycle, happy days are here again.
For those who have never read the books from the Inheritance Cycle, it is made of the books Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr by Christopher Paolini. It will also finally, finally, have the last book in the series, Inheritance coming out in four days (from this post).
Finally. FINALLY.















It might be hard for people to see how happy I am that Inheritance is finally coming out. So I'll explain. The first book in the series, Eragon, came out in 2002. I would have been about eight or nine. Originally the Inheritance Cycle was called the Inheritance Trilogy. When Brisingr was released in 2008, I thought there would finally be closure on the series. But no. It didn't wrap it up, and I've been wondering since then if Christopher Paolini was ever going to end the series. And he finally is. Finally.

If anyone is interested in finding out more, here's Christopher Paolini's website: http://www.alagaesia.com/index.php

On that note, I'm off! Bye!

5 comments:

  1. I saw some of the other ones when I was looking for one to put in here, it's the best one in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tempted to kidnap my nephew and go see this :P
    Maybe after we go to the Santa Claus parade next weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always a little amazed at just how many innuendoes are slipped into kids movies these days. Definitely makes them more enjoyable though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam, you should take him! Especially if it's to the theater I work at. :p

    And it kinda surprised me sometimes the sheer amount of innuendo in Puss in Boots.

    ReplyDelete