Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine's Day

Valentine's day is upcoming, and for people looking for gifts this can be stressful.

A lot of  friends I have have been stressing about how much flowers cost (a lot).

Red roses seem to be the traditional Valentine's gift, which to me means that after a while they don't mean as much. Why not throw some of the favorite flowers in? It means that they can go buy a dozen red roses for almost $30, and then you're done. But what if your significant other likes iris's? Or Tulip's?


Wouldn't `t it be better to get them the flowers they like?

There are more types of flowers than roses.

Avoiding the flower thing altogether could be good too. Get creative. My significant other got me Cthulhu Slippers for Valentine's day this year.

Ahhhh! Cthulhu's eating my feet! Nomnomnomnomnom.

These are perfect (for someone like me). They're practical, and there was thought put behind them. Every time I put them on I'll think of my significant other. 

Personally, I think the best gifts come from a person going out and getting their partner something that made them think "So-and-so would love that" when they first see it.

If you really want to go the flower rout though, why not try a potted plant? Then they live longer, which seems more romantic than giving someone something that's dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Something I've also found interesting is Valentine's day and White Day.

From what I understand, the Valentine's day and White Day split is done mostly in Japan and South Korea. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

As I understand it, on Valentine's Day, women typically give chocolates and gifts to their friends and guys. On White Day, which falls on March 14th, The guys reciprocate the gifts. Which makes sense to me, it's logical (this gets me odd looks from my female friends). That way, they don't forget to give a Valentine's gift (it does happen), or don't go thinking that you're just a friend and don't think of getting you one (because you can still give gifts to friends). It also gives a month to plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another thing could me making a card, it's inexpensive (hopefully) and it means more.


But, off for the food and whatnot, see you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment