Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Movies missed

I have had it pointed out to me on several occasions that I need to watch more movies.

"Watch more movies!" They say.
"But I don't have the time to dedicate to sitting down and just watching a movie." I say
And then they threaten to smack me. In a funny way, because I don't tolerate people hitting me willy-nilly.

I've come to realize that at a lot of these times they're right.

There's something going on right now where a t.v. station is broadcasting Disney movies frequently. (I'm not sure how frequently, since my mom's the one PVRing the movies).

So far we have Mulan. Which I've seen in several languages actually, but it loses something in Greek.

I actually still have a Mulan Barbie doll, although I've lost the hair extension piece that was supposed to be before she cut off her hair to join the Army in her father's place.
Secret Hero Mulan!

We've also PVR'd Beauty and the Beast... which I can't ever remember watching. I've read the book, and seen  it performed at Disney On Ice... but I don't think I've watched the movie.

I kind of feel like I may have missed part of my childhood never having watched it.

My teapots never dance =(

So I'm making a list of movies I need to watch (or need to watch again, if the only time I saw them was before I could form memory).

Thus far, I have:

Beauty and the Beast
The Lion King
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Up
Robin Hood
Sleeping Beauty
Mary Poppins
Brave (which isn't out yet, but it must be seen)
Pocahontas
Nightmare Before Christmas
The Sound of Music
Dark Crystal
Labyrinth
Battle Royale
Goemon
Dragonslayer
Ong-Bak
Braveheart
The Patriot

Some of these have been suggested by friends, so they might just be them messing around.

I won't deny that I watched a lot of T.V. when I was younger. I was an only child until I was 10, and even then I couldn't really play with my siblings.

I think I might have enjoyed shows that weren't typical. Things like Mumies Alive.
Mummies Alive






That's probably not the best example of why the show was good... since that was pretty terrible. It's so cheesy. To me it's actually so bad that it's good.

The show is about a boy who finds out he's the reincarnation of a Pharaoh, and he's being hunted by... someone, for some reason. It's been a few years since I've seen it, and I'm going off memory. Anyway, he's being hunted, but luckily some mummies are there to protect him.

Like I said, so bad it's good.

Dark Oracle


This is one of those offbeat shows. Dark Oracle is a Canadian show about fraternal twins, Callie and Lance Stone, who have their lives basically taken over by a comic book (it's the best description I can give).




That's the intro to the show, as well as a commercial for it that was run on YTV. I've been a fan of this since I was in elementary school (so about six years). Being a little more... dark minded than others, you could say, it was a good semi-dark show.

Actually, Alex House, who plays Lance, has been filming the show Todd and the Book of Pure Evil in Winnipeg.

Here's the IMDB for Dark Oracle:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437711/

And here's the IMDB for Todd and the Book of Pure Evil:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1558128/

I'll be posting again later, bye all!

3 comments:

  1. great blog, I wish i was more into this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved both of those shows (especially Dark Oracle!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you be interested in watching it with me when I buy the DVD's then? =3

    ReplyDelete