Thursday, January 26, 2012

I've come to the realization...

As I was trying to think of what I would do my blog post on this week, I came to an important realization.

I don't have time to watch a movie every week. Nor do I particularly want to.

Watching movies is enjoyable, but not all the time. I came to realize today that watching movies isn't fun for me anymore. So I won't be watching movies for my blog this week, or any week in the future probably.

In truth, I thought up something I wanted to blog about last weekend, but before I got a chance it slipped my mind.

Then my friends provided me with something new to blog about.

Now, I don't like to bash on things since there are usually some people who like them. But today I have no patience for some things.

Last Friday my friends made me watch 3 hours of Robot Chicken because I'd told them I'd never really watched it before.

http://collider.com/robot-chicken-comic-con/104538/
The reason I've never really watched Robot Chicken before? I don't really like it. I don't mean to be offensive to people who do like it, but the kind of humor in it just isn't my thing. That's also why I don't watch The Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, American Dad, and any other shows that are in the same boat as the ones I've just listed.

I'm not saying I don't partake in juvenile behavior and humor, and I'm not saying that I'm not occasionally offensive.

But I really, really dislike shows like this. 

That's one of the first things.

Second, I told them repeatedly that I didn't want to watch it (which might seem selfish, except none of them were watching it anyway). They ignored me every time. This is a pet peeve of mine, as it happens fairly often. I will speak to people and they will either ignore me, or can't hear me. After repeating something about five times, I give up.

You may have noticed that this week I am ranting. It happens on occasion that every frustration I am feeling will channel into one thing I am annoyed with. 

/End rant

In other news, I spend a lot of time online. I don't hide that fact.

And recently I've enjoyed a site called Etsy.

Etsy.com is a shopping site, where people can sell a variety of items. I find it kind of  like e-bay, except with a lot cooler stuff.

I've only bought one thing off of there. A replica of the scarf Watson has in the new Sherlock Holmes movie.
This is the Scarf. It is awesome.

The woman (I'm making an educated guess) who I bought it from runs "Skybox Human Creations" on Etsy. There's an assortment of hand knit and crochet items - socks, scarfs, hats, etc. etc.

Here's the link for her, I'd suggest checking it out. The scarf at least is very well made, and really soft.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SkyBox?ref=seller_info

I think there is probably something for everyone on Etsy. (Everything will be linked in the captions).

Do you like Steampunk?

This is a USB stick OwO

Looking for a Valentine's Day gift for someone who likes unique things?

D'awwwww

A hand made music box, is that not awesome?


If you're like me, you have a lot of friends who participate in goth/rave scenes. And if you live in Winnipeg like I do, you know how hellishly difficult it is to find things made for those sub-cultures.

Etsy is a good place for people like me and my friends because there is pretty much anything you could want.

Like this illuminated visor:

An AWESOME illuminated visor

But I'm off for tonight, bye!




No comments:

Post a Comment