Wednesday, September 21, 2011

D&D Destruction

Hello All,

D&D


First things first today, it turns out I made a miscalculation with the D&D group I'm part of. I thought we'd be going until at least December, but it turns out we've only got a few sessions left with this group.

This is in part because we cut a bloody path through the castle we were supposed to be stealthily infiltrating. It is also in part because I am a bad judge of how fast we move.

The good news is that I will be joining another group soon after, so I can chronicle that group, and be more organized about it.

Movies
Apparently it's an awesome movie


I was going to watch Across the Universe tonight, but due to exhaustion and other obligations, I won't have time to.

But I am buying Love Actually tomorrow! Which is awesome in so many ways. It's a movie I've seen before, but I'll put more explanation tomorrow!

-Emily

6 comments:

  1. I have to admit I've never played D&D. Though I feel like it's an experience missing from my life that probably would have some poetry in it. Would you say there are fewer people playing it now that similar games are played so much on-line?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watch Love Actually every Christmas with my sister - it's a (relatively recent) tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting that you moved so quickly. I find things typically go slower than expected. Too quickly can put a lot of pressure on the DM.

    We play a bastardized version of 3.5.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think less people play it (although I'm a bit biased, most of my core group of friends play D&D or something like it), but I don't think Winnipeg is a hotbed for announced D&D.

    Our DM plans a lot in advanced, what's going to happen is there, it depends on us how long it will take us to get there I'm pretty sure. The people in the group I'm in are kind of ridiculous (look up Phantasmal Killer), so when I say we cut a bloody path, I mean that quite literally. Also, the succubus helped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you're done this session in D&D can I join?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to ask my DM, but we should be able to work something out.

    ReplyDelete